Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Joy to the world all year round
- A profitable pairing
Chili & snowmobiling
- Not a cradle Lutheran?
- Super Roll Sunday
- ‘Good for Your Sole Sunday’
- Trinity Growers: Ready for harvest
- Operation Christmas
In Hayward, Wis., more than 800 will receive Lutheran cheer
- Giving thanks — and good gifts
- Making malaria known
- Catchy adult education
- A mission ‘trip’ that stays home
- Sending moms & kids to camp
- A barrel of blessings
- VBS with a twist
- Hymnals to angels
- Family business
Father, daughter serve as lay leaders in Montana, New York
- With God we can!
- Summertime Jesus
- Pillows for patients
- ‘S’ is for service
In Omaha, what was once VBS is now LYSO
- Just One More rescues food & souls
- Diaper Depot
- Soon it will be time to 'Prepent'
- Brats N More
- In S.C., Easter means worship on the beach, pancakes
- Cookies for inmates
- For these pastors a name is (usually) a good fit
- Ashes at the train stop
- Use Lent to count blessings and coins
- Livestock instead of lilies
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- Holy time with elders
- VBS for grown-ups?
Coffee and Kool-Aid at this Ohio church
- These boots are made for blessing
- Girl power
- A spirited kick-start to a new year
- You bless what?
From Atlantic to Pacific … blessings abound
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- ELCA publications win awards
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- God's holy joke
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...