Julie B. Sevig
When I'm not working, I'm at home with my partner, Michelle, and our children Peder, 7, and Oliver and Annika, 4, and two kitties. Our lives our centered by our community of faith: Holy Trinity Lutheran Church (two blocks west of Wrigley Field ). We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Soon it will be time to 'Prepent'
- Brats N More
- Cookies for inmates
- In S.C., Easter means worship on the beach, pancakes
- Ashes at the train stop
- Use Lent to count blessings and coins
- For these pastors a name is (usually) a good fit
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Livestock instead of lilies
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- Hanson urges ELCA to add to book of Acts
- A farewell
- A new presiding bishop
Eaton first woman to hold post, looks to sharpen message, open doors
- Cookie hospitality
- Memorials address immigration, communion, violence & more
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
- Fundraising campaign approved
The first of its kind in the ELCA
- Hearing the cries
‘Yes’ to criminal justice, other actions
- Faith leaders extend best wishes to ELCA
- VBS for grown-ups?
Coffee and Kool-Aid at this Ohio church
- Holy time with elders
- These boots are made for blessing
- Girl power
- Message from teenager’s life & death is clear: Love
- Goody bags
- A spirited kick-start to a new year
- You bless what?
From Atlantic to Pacific … blessings abound
- Calling all plungers
Montana congregations call middle-schoolers into summer service
- T-shirt transformation
- Fifth Sunday options
- Sacred Leaf
- Sound ministry
Young people hear the call loud and clear in Northfield, Minn.
- A ministry metaphor
In this community, building walls had a way of breaking them down
- Appreciating blue
- Hymn of the month club
Congregation writes songs on kids' hearts
- No job too big, no job too small
In D.C., Reformation Lutheran 'reforms' homes each spring
- Sewing for school
- Goat incentive
Congregation uses 'Good Gifts' as Lenten discipline
- Transfigured jazz
Mardi Gras, love celebrated each February
- Shining a light on Epiphany
- Nothing shady about Schadé wine
South Dakota vintners host a harvest of tender moments
- A Christmas Lovefeast
Celebrating with coffee, bread & song
- Pure Joy
Rancher's decision to share her land changes lives
- Leading through service
Young adults choose volunteer opportunities over worship
Michigan congregations love a good bus ride
- Dollar by dollar
... drives them toward New Orleans
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- God's holy joke
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...
- Missing Aunt Hannah