Julie B. Sevig
Julie Sevig is managing editor of The Lutheran, having joined the staff in 2000 as a section editor, and writing and editing hundreds of stories about congregations of the ELCA. She and her family, including spouse Michelle and children Peder, Oliver and Annika, are members of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Chicago. We love our church and are so proud of the ELCA! Every time I pick up the newest issue of our magazine, I'm reminded how thankful I am to be part of this church.
I've also written two books: Peanut Butter and Jelly Prayers (Morehouse, 2007) — table prayers for families with young children; and Laughing with Lutherans (Skandisk, Inc., 2008), 20 years of the best of the The Lutheran's "Light side" page that I also have the good pleasure to edit.
Articles by Julie B. Sevig:
- Outhouse on the move
In Kerkhoven, Minn., they're sending kids to Detroit with a check and some chuckles
- 'Showers of Blessing'
Church & community address hygiene among homeless
- 10w: The way to start your day
- Mothers, friends & a connection to last a lifetime
- Bugs & boogie-woogie
- Five minutes with the Divine
- What’s the buzz?
This congregation in Washington, D.C., will tell you
- ‘The best conversation ever’
Lutherans lead in advance directives
- Readers ramp it up on fifth Sundays
- Bless this skier
- A certificate to cherish
- Lenten ‘Hunger Hunt’
Chicago kids hunt for, and buy, animals
- Art as Lenten discipline
- Pack the pew
- Joy to the world all year round
- A profitable pairing
Chili & snowmobiling
- Not a cradle Lutheran?
- Super Roll Sunday
- ‘Good for Your Sole Sunday’
- Trinity Growers: Ready for harvest
- Operation Christmas
In Hayward, Wis., more than 800 will receive Lutheran cheer
- Catchy adult education
- Giving thanks — and good gifts
- Making malaria known
- A mission ‘trip’ that stays home
- Sending moms & kids to camp
- A barrel of blessings
- With God we can!
- VBS with a twist
- Hymnals to angels
- Family business
Father, daughter serve as lay leaders in Montana, New York
- Summertime Jesus
- Pillows for patients
- ‘S’ is for service
In Omaha, what was once VBS is now LYSO
- Just One More rescues food & souls
- Diaper Depot
- Brats N More
- Soon it will be time to 'Prepent'
- In S.C., Easter means worship on the beach, pancakes
- Cookies for inmates
- For these pastors a name is (usually) a good fit
- Ashes at the train stop
- Use Lent to count blessings and coins
- Livestock instead of lilies
- ‘Billies for Goats’
- Go, sow! Sow! Go!
Eaton installed as presiding bishop in joyful, emotional service
- Reader call: Pastor Hope?
- Boerger elected on fifth ballot
Serves up ‘yummy’ parts of ELCA Constitution
- ELCA ‘made new’
Dramatic elections, campaign highlight Pittsburgh gathering
- Malaria Campaign passes halfway mark
Blogs by Julie B. Sevig: (Read All)
- ELCA publications win awards
- Park ranger memorial service streaming live
- Ranger’s memorial service announced
- Stan Olson named Wartburg Seminary president
- 'Fast Eddie' Soistman dies in car accident
- Pamela Jolicoeur, president of Concordia College, dies
- Summer is here!
- Good health means less screen time
- A no-brainer: use the lunch hour
- A 'dignified and respectful' recovery
- Larson body located
- A Reformation gift
- Fighting hunger with words & wallets
- As for me and my church, we'll stay AND give!
- Menopause Ministry
- Please, give me some good news!
- How will you change the world?
- Wedding procession at ELCA church a YouTube sensation
- Cronkite: from acolyte to anchor
- A hootenanny is like church?
- Doctor shot Sunday morning at ELCA church
- A virtual tip of the hat
- Lutheran publications, authors, designers win awards for 2008 work
- Seafarers in the spotlight
- Shaking out the house
- LVC gets a nod from Michelle Obama
- Craigslist killer gets life in prison; victim's family responds
- God's holy joke
- Hail, hail this freelancer's life
- Finally a bat mitzvah!
- Facebook for good
- A handwritten letter
- Laughing with Lutherans
- Insomnia for Obama
- Remember the poor
- Ohio: Close Obama encounter
- Dash & ellipsis: confessions of an overuser
- Pennies for peace
- ELCA Youth Gathering half full
- Celebrate with song
- One in a billion!
- Obama an honorary Lutheran?
- In praise of quilts & camps
- Obama worships with ELCA congregation
- Memory makers
- Summertime rituals
- Dancing with Matt
- Saving lives
- You can go home again...